beinArt Gallery has teamed up with Work-Shop Melbourne to present Making It: How To Sell Your Art Without Selling Out
WHAT IT'S ABOUT: Aside from making art, the hardest part of being an artist is navigating self-promotion and professional relationships. Regardless of whether you’ve been making art for two months or ten years, finding time to write artist statements and network with galleries and collectors can be difficult. Not to mention maintaining a healthy social media presence. Trust us, we know! We understand! And we want to help you.
Hence our workshops. They’re an opportunity for you to work directly with us on your online presence and professional network. We’ll answer your questions, help you build an effective strategy, and teach you what we’ve learnt over the years about fostering relationships with galleries and collectors.
What makes us so qualified to talk about this stuff? Well, beinArt Gallery has over 500K followers on Facebook, more than 150K on Instagram and a 7K+ opt-in mailing list. We like to think we’ve got a pretty good handle on social media, and we’ve also got years worth of firsthand experience in reviewing artists statements and exhibition proposals. And the best thing is you don’t have to make the type of art we exhibit at beinArt Gallery to take advantage of our straightforward, practical advice. We strongly believe that just as art and creativity are universal; so are solid networking skills!
WHEN: WED 31st of MAY, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Advice on how to construct a tailored social media plan on how to build and maintain a healthy mailing list including how to structure your time day-to-day and schedule social media posts to gain optimum engagement
- Insider knowledge about how to approach galleries, websites, agencies and studios
- A stack of carefully selected of useful templates and articles.
- The option to purchase a copy of Launching Your Art Career by Alix Sloan; the creative bible for contemporary artists ($15 pre-purchase online or bring cash on the night).
- A beer on arrival thanks to Young Henrys
And here’s what you won’t get:
- Us telling you what to do with your art or negative critiques of your work
- A lot of industry clichés or financial mumbo-jumbo
- A giant squid.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring along your current artist statement & social media profiles (optional)
- Something to take notes with (pen and paper or computer/tablet)
ABOUT JON & CORINNE BEINART FROM BEINART GALLERY
Jon Beinart founded the beinArt Collective in 2003 and has been actively involved in the contemporary art scene for nearly two decades. Under the beinArt banner, Jon has amassed a huge online following on social media and manages a responsive opt-in mailing list of over 7,000 art enthusiasts.
He has curated solo and group shows in Australia and overseas, and is a keen practicing artist himself. He has a tireless desire to inspire and facilitate creativity in others, as well as an excellent understanding of the creative arts, social networking and business branding.
Corinne has worked with Jon for over six years, and yes, they’re a real-life couple as well as a business brainstrust. She studied education and law at university, and has also worked in adult education and and professional development. Prior to becoming the manager of beinArt Gallery, Corinne worked on copywriting and communications for beinArt Publishing, and managed beinArt’s social media and promotional campaigns. She has significant experience in project management and artist care, and a knack for creative production across advertising and design.