Gallery/Retail Assistant (Casual)
Beinart Gallery (Melbourne, Australia) is a curated space for highly skilled figurative artists with a shared fascination for surreal and imaginative themes.
We are a small but close team and we are excited to find the next person to join us here at the gallery!
You are someone who is passionate about being around creativity (but you don’t have to be a creative person yourself) and you love to create a welcoming environment for fellow art enthusiasts. You have retail experience and are confident with technology. You have great attention to detail and communication skills. You’ll be comfortable with viewing and discussing a wide range of artistic themes.
You’ll be available to work 2 to 3 days per week over the busy summer period and then potentially shift to 1 to 2 days per week afterward. We hope you’ll be close to our Brunswick location and you must be able to get started asap.
- Retail and customer service in our art gallery in Brunswick. Please note: This role will not require you to sell original artworks but, while working, you will be responsible for print sales, as well as all other smaller items in our shopfront.
- Warmly greeting people who come to the gallery and talking about current and future exhibitions.
- Working in our retail shop front including maintaining stock levels, keeping displays neat and tidy and packing up smaller items for customers including delicate prints.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Experience in a retail environment - particularly working with handmade/unique/fragile items.
- Experience or strong interest in working in a creative field or with artists, local makers or jewellers or creative folk.
- Confident in the use of POS systems and Eftpos.
- Previous experience in a gallery or similar retail environment.
To apply - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and a few paragraphs explaining why you think you’d be a great fit for our gallery as well as your CV. Applications close Friday 8th of January.